Email us for help
528 - Secrets to Longevity in the Workplace from legend Shirley Norris (age 92)
Hosts: Trish McFarlane, Karen Steed
Guest: Shirley Norris, Transportation Project Manager, MoDOT
This episode of At Work in America is sponsored by Paychex, one of the leading providers of HR, payroll, retirement, and insurance solutions for businesses of all sizes. Nearly one-third of U.S. employees say their work schedule still remains unpredictable as a result of the pandemic, a factor they report as having a significant effect on their overall well-being – from causing financial stress, to feeling disconnected from family friends. And, this appears to be affecting younger generations the most.To learn more about these findings, and how you can optimize work scheduling to help better support your employees, visit payx.me/schedules today.
This week, we met with Shirley Norris from MoDOT, to talk about changes in the workplace through time.
- As the oldest full-time employee in Missouri, Shirley shared a little about how she got started in engineering
- Hurdles faced getting into college, and navigating a male dominated field
- Changes she has seen in the workforce over the years
- The importance of Women in Leadership, and her advice for young women especially in STEM careers
- Teamwork, and how we all make a difference
Thank you, Shirley, for joining the show today! Remember to subscribe to the HR Happy Hour wherever you get your podcasts.
For career opportunities at MoDOT, check out their website https://mocareers.mo.gov/hiretrue/mo/transportation/index.html